- Waddell 4 inch and 8 inch tapered legs
- 3 angle plates per stand
- Painter’s tape
- 6″ wooden plaque per stand
- Wood stain in American Walnut finish
- Foam brush
- Gold spray paint for the feet
- Drill & drill bit
- Spray paint (optional for the planter color)
- Bulldog Grip glue or large screw (optional only if you want to adhere the planters to the stand)
To prep the planters, I spray painted them in brighter hues as well to go along the bright studio, but I think the black and white would look awesome with this tutorial as well.
Lay three angled plates in a triangular shape on the bottom of the wooden plaque, and screw each into place (being sure that the angle is facing outward from one another), then twist the finished base legs into each plate.
You can also just skip the legs altogether and just do a simple wooden bottom for a quicker version of this project, and I actually like it a teeny bit more than with legs but don’t tell!
To make them a bit brighter, I actually used white sand on top of the cactus soil to make them not so stark. What do you think?!