Introducing a Summer 2016 line-up of ceramics from Los Angeles-based artist Bari Ziperstein. With collaborations coming up with Rachel Comey, Claire Vivier, J.Crew, Nordstrom, Kelly Wearstler, Herman Miller, Austere and the hotly-anticipated Silver Lake restaurant Wolf Down, Ziperstein’s aesthetic essentially bridges the gap between architecture and fine art in ceramic forms.
Designs As Described by Artist:
- Jade Hex Planter: “A technically complicated procedure to achieve, the glazed effect pinpoints the contours of the composition"
- Oval Terracotta Vases "Futurist Primitive designs inspired by Columbian pottery”
- Terracotta Rope Bowls: “My goal with these is to show the raw quality of the clay juxtaposed by nautical cotton rope detailing”
- Brutalist Box Top Vases “This is my take on Brutalist architecture combined with Japanese pagodas"
- Ceramic Breast Plates (unveiling next month as part of a Group Show at Kopeikin Gallery in Los Angeles).
- Coaster sets: “These are spin-offs from an exclusive design that was privately commissioned for the bar area of a new Silver Lake restaurant opening in September named Wolf Down."
Want to see more? To view Bari’s Fine Art / Exhibitions etc, go to bariziperstein.com.
To view Bari’s Homewares & Accessories, click the shop link below.